Sunday, January 3, 2010

Best Songs of the Decade

In case you missed it last week, The Phoenix ran an article on the best songs of the Decade as picked by "local luminaries". I had the opportunity to weigh in with my own two cents- nominating Big Blood's 'A Friendly Noose' (a.k.a. Hangmen, when performed by Fire on Fire). Listen to the song here.

Lady Lamb the Beekeeper's 'Mary Jude' was also nominated by SPACE Gallery's Ian Paige. Listen here.

Also, check out this great recent interview with Lady Lamb in the Portland Press Herald.

Finally, a few quick additions to my best of 2009 list that I published a few months ago (before these albums were released or I had a chance to hear them):

Sometime I Wish We Were An Eagle by Bill Callahan
What Will We Be by Devendra Banhart
Embryonic by the Flaming Lips
God Bless Your Weary Soul, Amanda Richardson by Pearl and the Beard
Easy Come Easy Go by Marianne Faithfull

and from Portland...

The Devil Dancing by Brown Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment