Friday, October 29, 2010

Lady Lamb the Beekeeper's "Farewell For Now" Extravaganza


What can I say? Perhaps the most creative and talented musician I have ever had the pleasure of knowing is leaving town. Lady Lamb the Beekeeper (a.k.a. Aly Spaltro) is heading to New York, but she is throwing one last extravaganza at her "farewell for now" show taking place this evening at SPACE Gallery.

It has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life to be a part of Lady Lamb's journey, from her first performance at the Tower of Song, to the release of "Samples for Handsome Animals", and the Sunday Shoes/Metal Mouth vinyl single. I know that she will continue to cast a spell of reverential silence over crowds across the world.

I am also honored that Aly has invited the Panda Bandits to play at tonight's once-in-a-lifetime show. I am also pleased that Eternal Otter Records will be presenting "Lady Lamb the Bee-Sides", a limited-edition cassette only album of rare and unreleased recordings.

Please check out this wonderful interview with Aly, and this video and fitting tribute from [dog] and [pony].

Look Up! Look Up!

1 comment: