Friday, October 15, 2010

State Theatre Grand Opening!

It's here. Portland's dream has come true - the State Theatre reopens today with a performance by the mighty My Morning Jacket!

I've be pining for this day ever since I moved into the Tower across from the State nearly three years ago. I swore then that I would make it my mission to get inside it one day.

Well, I've now had the chance to go inside and it looks amazing, now I can't wait to hear how it sounds. Check out photos at hillytown. General Manager Lauren Wayne deserves much kudos for how quickly she has brought this legendary institution back to life. Listen to an interview with Lauren from Roy Ghim at Liberation by Sound.


I'm also very proud to announce that Eternal Otter Records has a hand in bringing to life two upcoming shows! The first takes place on Saturday Oct 30th, with a screening of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show", with your guides the Dirty Dishes Burlesque Revue. On December 3rd, The State Theatre will revisit its roots with "1930s Night" featuring a screening of The Wizard of Oz and performances by Over A Cardboard Sea. More details to come soon, but right now I'm just looking forward to being a part of tonight's soldout crowd!

No comments:

Post a Comment