Friday, April 3, 2009

Tower of Song Tonight!




It's my favorite time of month- Portland's First Friday Art Walk & The Tower of Song! Even though the rain is miserable right now, I think we having an amazing show in store for this evening.

First of all, we'll have Big Blood! Caleb and Collen, the heart & soul of BB, have already welcomed us into Spring with their great show at the Meg Perry Center. Not only did that performance include a number of new transcendental songs, but also a cover of Missy Elliot's "Pussy Don't Fail Me Now" (sung by Caleb, of course). I've also been informed that they will bring a new version of Already Gone, the self-released CD-R they debuted at MPC, to Tower of Song (and it might even be a double album). So, it's a lot to look forward to- I'm pretty sure that Colleen's voice alone will be able to beat back these rain clouds.




I'm also jazzed to see what Lady Lamb the Beekeeper will do at Tower of Song considering how full of surprises their show at Slainte was on Tuesday. Not only did they debut an amazing new song, but they also played "Antique Shop" (from Samples for Handsome Animals) live for the first time, and performed "Until I am Bones" on autoharp. I'm still hoping that Aly will pull out her new singing saw at Tower of Song, but we'll have to wait and see.



Johnny Fountain has also been keeping busy, and on Wednesday he treated the patrons of Dogfish Grille to some new songs he's been working on. And frankly, I'm just excited to see my friend (and one of this month's featured musician) Adriana Stimola, who I haven't hung out with in over two years.

So, like I said, it's going to be a great night. I hope you'll wander down to Congress Square and listen to our songs of love. Music begins at 5 pm and ends at 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment